duminică, 26 mai 2019

Us, written and directed by Jordan Peele - 8 out of 10

Us, written and directed by Jordan Peele
8 out of 10


Perhaps you need to be a fan of horror movies to thoroughly enjoy this one.

Albeit, critics have loved this motion picture, giving it a big Metascore ...81 out of 100.
RogerEbert thought it flawless with a maximum of 100 points, while Variety gave it 70, both out of 100.

For this cinephile, Get Out, created by the same Astounding Jordan Peele worked better.
Yes, the idea that we are our worst enemies is interesting.

Placing it at the enter of a horror movie is even more challenging, for there is meaning in a narrative that generally is all about blood, terror and extreme emotions...

Or isn't it?

My daughter tells me I did not get it, if I am not overawed by this.
There are symbols, it's all so clever.

Surely.
Maybe when it will be aired on HBO, and I will see it again - if I will decide it is worth another 100 minutes - was it? - of my time- I will see the glory of Us.

Until then, We are fighting Us, but without the overall effect of Get Out.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu