duminică, 27 noiembrie 2022

The Queen, episode 5, ‘Baby you can drive my car, yes I’m gonna be a star’ - http://realini.blogspot.com/2022/02/unique-in-world.html?q=unique+in+the+world

 

The Queen, episode 5, ‘Baby you can drive my car, yes I’m gonna be a star’ http://realini.blogspot.com/2022/02/unique-in-world.html?q=unique+in+the+world

 

 

There have been some moments of confusion, The queen was talking to Daryl, surely I must have said something to her, when she presumably asked about him, or just testified to how cute and well behaved he is, waiting and all that in the Audi, but instead of offering her a ride – which would have been futile, since she was just going 50 meters down the road, as we will soon discover, unless I am off one of my tangents and then think hard about what I was talking about and then tell you the joke about the three women, one is the host, keeps giving the guests coffees, and after they leave, not before sixteen cups, one of the visitors says to the other ‘what about Mitza, she kept saying let’s have some coffee and she never delivered, to which the other is going ‘who’s Mitza? –I was sinking in my sorrow over…money

 

Money, money, money, makes the world go round, and then repeat – is this from Cabaret, with Liza Minnelli, or just plain wrong – but finally, I see what I may be missing, and then hurry down the street to the CFR Railway tickets agency (where incidentally, an aunt used to work, second wife of hilarious, very nice, regretted uncle Nelu…though at his wake, somehow I may have signed off with the family, for they have been unhappy that I came down too casually dressed, then I did not do the proper things, which is odd, for I did not get soused and passed out, in fact, I only stayed for about fifteen minutes I guess, and I was with a female companion, perhaps the spouse I would marry some time later, no way to ask, for if we are still married, it is just so that she spends all the money, the ones we have and the ones that are just on loan, to tell me every other day how stupid, goddamn vile, disgusting and you see where this is going I am paying through the nose and all I get now is bile and venom…

However, this is deserved to a great degree, perhaps fully, or 140%, if we consider the cheating, going to prostitutes (albeit to hear it again, and again, for something that [at least as she knows it] has happened years and years ago) the dialogues she has found in the (recklessly left unattended) phone and so much more, however oxymoronic it also feels to hear you are impotent and then find you are also accused of paying for a harem and having a subscription to a brothel, if not many…

Passons

 

After the initial hesitation, the longing for lost money, listening for a few seconds to the stranger talking to the dog, seeing her depart, I probably say to myself ‘wait a minute, are you really going to let this pass…was she muma padurii, somehow disgusting, terrifying, hateful, sadistic or what…for if nothing is wrong, merde, move fast and break things’ this is the time to mention (for the millionth time in these texts which back in a loop, but hey, few, if anyone reads through this, so what if every two years I come back to the same subject, there is a change, I forget, and the time of this day, now is different from say the day in July 2020, when I last touched on the theme, it is cold, a grey hair outside, war in Ukraine, an energy, economic, political and every other kind of crisis, while back then, there was just the pandemic, and hot, with the sun shining and stifling every move…what has not changed is the spouse spending like crazy, to breaking point and the eternal lamenting here) Blink by Malcolm Gladwell http://realini.blogspot.com/2013/05/blink-power-of-thinking-without.html and The Thin Slicing Theory

 

We take decisions, form opinions in the blink of an eye, Without Thinking, and maybe that was the better verdict, the one made in the first few seconds – an example of a test comes to mind, they have asked people to give an opinion on a teacher after seeing him for a few seconds and that matched what students said about the same professor, after being in his class for a…semester – the flaw in this phony syllogism here is that I did not say ‘no’ to the Fatal Attraction, and then when it came to the end - spoiler alert, yes, there is The End of The Affair http://realini.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-end-of-affair-by-graham-greene.html and I am 58 soon to be 59 and the beauty in the story is what 51 on 52, we are coming close to those characters in The Notebook – it was the girl who said it, or more accurately, she would not come to the phone when I would be calling from…Belgium

As for now, I am heading towards her and I see she is entering the Agentia de voiaj, some ticketing place for the railways, I claim that I need to see where I can buy tickets for my train, there are different agents (Mihaela, the second wife of my uncle Nelu, a big mouth, but rather nice woman, used to work here) and when I see the woman, I stand behind her, presumably waiting for my turn to be able to buy my place on the train to Vaslui, or was I trying to think what to say, if I will have the nerve to talk.

 

If we had had this encounter some years back, say when I was a teenager, I would not have had the courage to talk to her, after all, there was this super smart teenager, not the most fabulous, but nice, who came to me, she made the first move and then she waited for the dumb fuck that I was to push ahead for some months, and all I could do was to just stand next to her in the trolleybus 84 and say nothing, until it was over, for you can’t wait for eternity and she did not, but then I would over compensate for that dumbness and would become such a talker that I am to this day a nuisance in the deluge I provide

Look at the pile of crap I am putting up here, there is this blog with what, ten thousand or one hundred thousand posts – but there is accolade for 250,000 clicks and 300 subscribers on YouTube, which would be on the downside two clicks for every one of the 100k videos I placed there, on the upside, one of the subscribers is the Pulitzer Prize Winner Robert Olen Butler and we are friends on Facebook...since I am on the subject, let us stay on the tangent and tell you how one day, I find a comment on a video about a short story, from Olen Butler and I say ‘no way, it cannot be the Pulitzer Winner, it is a hoax’ and I ask Hannah, my daughter and she sees that his profile is authenticated by the network and then we communicate for a bit and see that we share a love (sometimes I feel less than positive about Balzac in particular) for birds and parrots in particular, and the great author has some incredible stories, one about the tragic end of a parrot, once the owner is gone, his neck is snatched, if I remember correctly…

As it was, before I reached the agent selling tickets, I talked to the woman in front and sais ‘look, I am not here to buy any seat, we just talked a while ago, if you remember, with the dog and all, so can we continue the conversation’ words to that effect I would say, for I do not remember even the most important seconds in my life, maybe my mind was irremediably affected in the days of the revolution in which I took part, as you can see in this Newsweek article, where I am Realini Ionescu, talking to Michael Meyers, Central Europe bureau chief then

 

http://realini.blogspot.com/2022/03/realini-in-newsweek-participant-in.html

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu